What is the Sports Premium?
The Government provides schools with direct funding to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. For Broadoak in 2017 / 2018 this will equate to approximately £20 000.
Our Aims and Objectives:
At Broadoak, we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and believe that through providing an exciting curriculum, which is enquiry based, our children will succeed. We provide a range of high quality Physical Education and wide range of sport; however, our intention is to always review and further enhance the current provision. Although the Sport Premium represents only a small proportion of our budget, we committed to ensuring it is spent to maximum effect.
The Governors agree that the funding must be used so that:
- All children benefit regardless of sporting ability;
- All children have the opportunity to compete in competitions at some level;
- The most able children are given the opportunity to participate in high level competitions;
- Staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
- The new funding should increase the range of sports available to children.
The allocation, spend and impact is presented through the annual reports below: