Welcome to the Reception Home Learning Page
Information for Parents
For each day of your absence from school, please complete the following activities.
Each day consists of a Phonics, Maths and Topic activity.
We have also included some choosing ideas for your child to get busy with between the Phonics, Maths and Topic activities.
The following websites may be useful for you to use:
Listen to some of our favourite learning songs on Youtube by clicking the links below:
- Can you draw a self portrait? Use a mirror to help you. Remember to include details such as eyelashes, ears, eyebrows etc.
- Can you build a tower using blocks? Count how many blocks tall your tower is.
- Can you practise your cutting skills using scissors. Try cutting round different 2D shapes - circle, triangle, square and a rectangle.
- Can you make a piece of art using natural materials you find in the garden? You might choose to make a leafman, a self portrait, or an animal.
- Read your favourite book and tell an adult your favourite part of the story. Can you retell the book to an adult or a sibling?
- Make playdough and have fun listening to a dough dance song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9D5lfqZF3o
Can you practise writing your name in cursive writing?
Can you practise writing cursive letters? Below are the letter family handwriting sheets to help you: