Broadoak Parent Voice Group
Broadoak Primary’s Parent Voice Group was established in the second half of the Autumn Term 2016.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Broadoak Primary School. The Parent Voice Group aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The group works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision. The role of the Parent Forum is consultative and advisory. The Governing Body and Headteacher remains the decision maker of the school and provides strategic leadership.
The group is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Deputy Headteacher/Headteacher.
- To support and promote children's learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers fully in the development of the school
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
Meetings for 2016 - 2017 are on the following dates:
- Monday 12th December 2016
- Friday 27th January 2017
- Thursday 23rd March 2017
- Tuesday 16th May 2017
- Wednesday 5th July 2017
All meetings start at 9.00am and will be held in the Meeting Room.
How to Get Involved
If you would like to comment on any of the topics that will be discussed at the Parent Voice Group, the agenda will be posted on the Parent Voice Page of the Website and included in the School Newsletter, or raise new points for the following meeting, then you can either:
- Complete a Parent Voice Feedback Form and place in the Parent Voice Group feedback box in the school entrance hall.
- Email Mrs. Karen Wild at email@example.com
- Talk to a representative of Parent Voice Group.
It is import to discuss areas of strength as well as making suggestions for improvements as the school also needs to reflect on what is working well.
The Parent Voice membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Broadoak Primary School. We aim to have one representatives per year group. Members of the senior leadership team and a representative of the governing body also attend meetings. The current members of Broadoak’s Parent Voice Group are as follows:
Parent Voice Group
Minutes of Meetings